The experts in clean water since 1935

shutterstock_177914609 [Converted]-02 facebook icon L F Easterday, Well Drilling | Logo Image place holder

Department of Permitting Services

255 Rockville Pike, 2nd Floor

Rockville, MD 20850-4166




You will need to apply to Montgomery County Health Department for a well location permit after which Easterday will apply for the state permit. You may contact that agency's website  for complete instructions. Click on well & septic in the right-hand column and follow the links. You can also download the necessary form.

Permit requirements by area

Whether you're looking for permits in Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, or Virginia please see the below resources, or call us for further information in obtaining the correct permits for your next project.


Please contact us for specific information.

290 South Center Street

Westminster, MD





Fax: 410-876-4430


The applicant will apply with the Carroll County Health Department for the well permit. Once the application is filed, the case will be assigned a county file number. We will need the file number in order to file for the state permit. Please refer to the link: Carroll County Health Department for other information pertaining to Carroll County.

Montgomery County

Carroll County

Call us today for

a FREE  Estimate

We'll help you figure out which permits you need for your project.

(301) 829-1640

Howard County Health Department

7178 Columbia Gateway Drive

Columbia, MD 21046


In order to obtain a state permit for drilling a well in Howard County, the applicant needs to send us a plat of the property showing the proposed house, septic and well location along with a check made payable to the Howard County Director of Finance in the amount of $160.00. In addition, the well location needs to be staked in the field prior to sending the information to us. Follow the links on the left to Department/ Health Department / Environmental Health / Well and Septic

Howard County

350 Montevue Lane

Frederick, MD 21702

Contact Karen Amoss


The owner of owner's representative will apply for a permit with the Frederick County Office of Environmental Health. Once you have received the permit from the county contact our office, and we will obtain the state permit to drill.

Follow the links to well and septic on the left

Frederick County